Legal Information

Both parties need to be over the age of 18.

Legally, your celebrant needs to receive the “Notice of Intended Marriage” form (in portfolio I provide) as a minimum one calendar month prior to the date of the ceremony, and not more than 18 months in advance. Alternatively you can download a copy

I am required to sight Birth Certificates (if born in Australia) an extract if original is not available, or an Australian Passport; a current passport (if born outside Australia), along with any other relevant documentation (Certificates of Divorce, Citizenship papers, Translated Birth Certificate etc) and photo identification such a drivers licence. You may also provide a scanned image as proof of identity.

At your wedding you will need to have 2 witnesses over the age of 18 years. In certain circumstances I can provide these witnesses if required.

I will electronically lodge the relevant forms with Office of Births Deaths and Marriages within 14 days of your ceremony.

I am happy to conduct weddings in Townsville, weddings on Magnetic Island and surrounding areas.

Information that may assist you

If you need to apply for a Birth Certificate or Official Marriage Certificate, you will need to contact the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the relevant state.

Here is direct link to QLD Registry Office:
Births, deaths, marriages and divorces | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

The Attorney General’s Department can provide you with some valuable information on marriages in Australia:

Townsville City Council Parks. Information and links to arrange booking a council park:

Please feel free to contact me if you require any further information: E-mail:


Weddings in Townsville :   Weddings on Magnetic Island :  Naming Ceremonies Townsville : Funeral Celebrant Townsville